LEARN ABOUT EXCITING CHANGES TO CHAMBER AWARDS!
The Amarillo Chamber of Commerce Business Excellence Awards is a competition coordinated by the Chamber's Business Council to honor excellence in Amarillo's business community by selecting outstanding businesses and professionals for the awards listed below. This year the council has added Emerging New Business, Top Business Under 100, and Top Business Under 150 to the Top Twenty Under 40 and Top Small Business annual awards.
Nominations must be submitted to the Chamber by June 22 - 5 p.m.; if fee is required must be paid by nominator. Nominee will be notified by Chamber with instructions on how to submit award application to committee.
CLICK HERE to learn more and download nomination form. The 2012 award recipients will be posted on the Chamber's website on August 31 and honored for the first time at the Chamber's Annual & Awards Banquet on Thursday, October 25.
Top Twenty Under 40 (Award for Professionals Under the Age of 40 – Twenty Recipients)
Category: Upcoming Business Professional Under the Age of 40
Criteria: A nominated professional must:
Eligibility: 2012 award recipients are eligible to receive this award again in 2014. 2012 nominees not selected for the 2012 award are eligible to have their nomination form re-submitted in 2013. The 2011 Top Twenty Under 40 award recipients are not eligible for the 2012 award.
- be employed with an Amarillo area company for at least three consecutive years; company does not have to be the same company, but must be the “same type” of business
- have lived within 30 miles of Amarillo since August 1, 2009
- have demonstrated professional excellence in their industry and career
- have brought value to the Amarillo’s business community
- have brought value to Amarillo’s community as a volunteer or financial supporter
- be younger than 40 on August 1, 2012
Emerging New Business (NEW AWARD for New Businesses - Multiple Recipients to Honor One Top Recipient)
Category: New Business/Small Business
Criteria: A nominated business must:
Eligibility: Award recipients are eligible to receive this award only once.
- be a for-profit business in Amarillo for at least 18 months but less than 4 years as of August 1, 2012 and be headquartered in Amarillo; owner(s) are not required to live within the city limits of Amarillo, but are required to live within the Texas Panhandle
- have no more than 50 full-time and part-time employees
- have a growing success in Amarillo’s business community
- exhibit a commitment to good business practices, community relations and employee relations.
- must have either an innovative service or product to ensure future growth
Top Business (Award for Small Businesses and NEW AWARD for Medium and Large Businesses - Multiple Recipients)
Category: (NEW CATEGORIES)
Criteria: A nominated business must:
- Small Business: Employs 1-50 Full-time and Part-time Employees
- Medium Business: Employs 51-100 Full-time and Part-time Employees
- Large Business: Employs 101-150 Full-time and Part-time Employees
Eligibility: 2012 Award recipients for Top Business are eligible to receive this award again in 2014. 2012 nominees not selected for the 2012 award are eligible to have their nomination form re-submitted in 2013. The 2011 Top Small Business award recipients are not eligible for the 2012 award.
- be a for-profit business in Amarillo for at least 4 years as of August 1, 2012
- be headquartered in Amarillo; owner(s) are not required to live within the city limits of Amarillo, but are required to live within the Texas Panhandle UNLESS the business employees over 100 then owner(s) can live or headquarters be located within 500 miles of Amarillo
- have success in Amarillo’s business community
- must exhibit a commitment to good business practices, a history of good employee relations and demonstrate service to the community.
Requirement – Tour: Nominated business owners must be available to meet with members of the awards committee on the afternoon of July 24, 2012 for a tour of their facility and to share why they believe they should be selected as one of the 2012 award recipients.
Questions: Call Kim Woolsey at 342-2009.